Friday, March 30, 2007

It's Official - Beth Buck is GONE - WHOOPEE




Beth Buck, resident loony "unbiased" journalist writes about her NO on Measure V supporters (the ones that paid her $ 10,000 to help fight Measure V):
The only thing I know for sure today is that all the people who worked on the NO on V campaign – you are incredible individuals. Especially my good friend Jim Snider, who without him as my alter ego, I wouldn't get to write the stuff I really feel.
With full time jobs (except for me), with families, with illnesses, mostly nauseau from reading my rants, with Little League, with all the obligations and everyday details of life, you still managed to give more of yourselves than you probably thought you had to give and I appreciate the 10 grand.
I realize that the Yes crowd, despite being complete assholes, they too had volunteers in Little League, Pony League, Friends of the Library, CouncilMembers, Ex-Mayors, Mt. Wilson Trail Race Volunteers, Search and Rescue team members, Fire Council Members and countless other organizations, that they too gave of themselves, but they are still asses because they dare to disagree with me and my realtor friends.
Whether it was 8 in the morning or 8 at night, I always knew whom to call. Any one of you, especially to get my check for helping with the campaign. Despite being labeled a "lackey", I defend my actions and welcome the day where a majority of the town forgets that I have ridiculed them.

Passionate, caring, honorable and smart. You almost did your homework. You knew the facts, but chose to ignore them. You spoke from the heart but your words were always guided by the knowledge in your head, despite being sold a pack of lies.
I appreciate that you were gullible and disregarded the future of the city for your own financial needs.
I’m proud to have gotten to know some of you better and I was honored to work with those I have loved for years, especially Jimmy Boi. In short, you are all an ass act.

I wish I could say the same for everybody in this long campaign, especially Jim Snider, somebody named "Colleen" and the smut peddlers like myself who berated decent citizens because they had the audactity to disagree with my unbiased and well thought out opinion.

Here is the email sent to the RSVP website immediately following the election:

“.... it would appear that the "No On V" claque ended uppaying $100 a vote in somebody's money. Which means you guys came up $9,400 short.

Think your patrons will ever put that kind of money behind you people again?
Considering the wretched mess you made of this election, I doubt it.

Here, have some cheese with that whine.
Eric”

Our response, “Only a loser could come up with such a ‘gracious’ victory statement.” And I know a loser when I see one - when I look in the mirror....
With NO, we would have said "nanny nanny pants on fire". Despite the juvenile rants that I have written over the past year, I guarantee you that I wouldn't have gloated over the assholes who voted Yes.
You can trust me, I'm Beth Buck, the self appointed most important person in Sierra Madre.

I hope that “Eric” is a small part of an ill-mannered few and that the majority of the Measure’s proponents will rise to the occasion of bringing the City back to some semblance of normalcy.
I also hope that our ill-mannered majority on No will also stop glaring at people in Starbucks and supporting Jim Snider, we've used him, now we can drop him.
That, too, I’m sure we’ll find out soon, but realtors have long memories.

It’s been 9 months since downtown dog sh*t dirt.org first started. 9 months of unbiased and superior journalism. 9 months of unprecedented journalistic candor. 9 months of creating dog sh*t out of nothing. 9 months of my petty rants and immpeccable journalistic meandering puke filled writings.
Despite what some would like to say, regardless of who they’ve tried to link or confuse us with or how they despised the free speech of our community message board, except for anybody who disagreed with our agenda and wrote opposing views to my rants. We were linked to the Cumquat and for that, I am eternally proud and stand by my gutter level convinctions.
I am proud of every single article, rant, poison dart and fluff interview, of every misdirected correction we made to our own media lies and distortion, of every psedo fact we offered our fellow residents. I am proud to hate Katina Dunn and Susan Henderson. I am proud to advocate boycotts of Sierra Madre businesses. I am proud to be paid by the realtors to spread lies about Measure V. I am proud to not care about the city.

And I’m especially proud of the 771,576,866 gazillon bogus hits that we have had over those 9 months. Granted, nobody can make up those kind of numbers and since I am the only one who can monitor the hits, you just have to take my word for it and since I am unbiased, I don't care if my hit count was bullshit.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool all of our Sierra Madreans. We tried our best to fool them with the $ 160 grand to defeat Measure V, but they were just too smart.
With the overwhelming support of the realtors and their network, we came close to winning and then we could have laughed in their faces as we built hundreds of condos, screwed up the infrastructure of the city, added a traffic light and a thousand new residents - but just think of all the real estate commissions we would have generated....
Thank you for your continued support, but am I still going to get a check from somebody? What about all my "hits", can some of you now place advertising on my site? What am I gonna do now?

While our original purpose was to distort the unbias, create misinformation and bigoted innuendo in the local media, eventually, our mission centered on the debate over Measure V, which was my agenda all along - at least I got paid and you thought I actually gave a crap?
But the debate is over and what will I rant about now? I can't walk through town without being laughed at and I thought everybody was laughing with me.

While the unofficial vote was a very close one (a difference of only 93 votes and if we'd had another 100 realtors in town we'd won), and may officially become even closer, the majority has ruled.
That’s the nature of a democracy and I hate it. My opinion counts more and I was a media darling, totally unbiased and full of myself - at least I have my distinquished acting career to fall back on.
And the nature of all the people I know, who love this town so devotedly, is to abide by the rules, even if a bunch of assholes voted for the Measure V.
They will do that now, abide by the rules, but we'll find a way to build out the downtown, mark my words. We need the real estate commissions.

There will be more issues and more votes; more disagreements and more dissension and I will do my best to create them and rant on - even with nobody listening to me anymore. I wish I had a real newspaper and a real journalistic credentials and a Big Mac with limburger cheese....
And all these people that I so don't respect and admire will stand up again to fight the next battle on the next day. We will fight somebody over something but won't say a word about the Canyon Zone or speak a peep about the Dorn-Platz lawsuits because that would upset the realtors.
That also is the nature of democracy to fight for no reason - RANT ON.

But this is downtown dog sh*t dirt.org’s last article. Of course, I never had much to say of value anyway, but that's beside the point.
You see, I never had an agenda other than the one I was getting paid to do, which was to defeat Measure V. I was always a shill for the developers and now that everybody knows it, I'll go back to my floudering acting career.
It’s time to move on to other endeavors in other ways or maybe move away.
I will miss the secret phone calls boycotting Sierra Madre businesses, and the nasty emails; I’ll miss the camaraderie of trying to rip apart the heart of Sierra Madre, the friendships with the realtors; I’ll miss the news, in fact I never understood real news or journalism and I'll miss the excitement, the hate filled emotion and the urgency; I’ll miss the passionate encounters with Jim Snider. I'll miss slugging down burbon shooters at the Buc.
I will miss writing stupid rants, I will miss hating Katina Dunn, I will miss Ernesto T Bass and Gladys Cravis, I will miss myself, I will miss Beavis and Butthead (Glenn and Jim), I will miss being missed.
I will miss you guys terribly…I just wish you felt the same way about me.

…But not them - I still hate most of the people in town. I am always right and I DEMAND YOU ANSWER ME...oh hell, I have nothing to demand anymore.
MEET THE NEW BOSS OF DOWNTOWN DIRT
SAME AS THE OLD BOSS